Utah First Federal Credit Union is committed to providing our members with financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is important to us.
What follows is a description of the information we collect and disclose, including the parties who receive nonpublic information from us.
Information we collect about you
Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to provide you with financial services and products. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law. We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Applications: Information we receive from you on applications for deposit accounts, electronic funds transfers, credit cards, consumer and real estate loans.
- Transactions: Information about your transactions with the credit union, including ATM or card transactions, loan advances, transactions through My Life, at a branch, at a service center or over the phone.
- Credit Reporting Agency: Information we receive from a credit reporting agency when evaluating your application.
- Online: Information you may provide to us on an online application, Web BillPay transaction or information that is sent to the credit union through the Internet.
Parties who receive information from us
When necessary, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial companies, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies;
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, retailers and travel agencies; and
- Others, such as non-profit organizations.
Disclosure of information to parties that provide services to us
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of information about former members
If you decide to terminate your membership with Utah First Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
Fair credit reporting act disclosure
Utah First Credit Union is permitted by law to share any information about their transactions or experiences with you. The Fair Credit Reporting Act governs the reporting of information to credit bureaus. This allows you the right to verify the accuracy of your credit report.